Description & Awards
Tasting Notes (2019)
Waiheke Blend – our signature blend combines Ascolano, Mission and Verdale olive varieties. This medium-intensity oil has a delightfully light and creamy start with a hint of almonds, building to a lingering peppery finish.
Smooth and buttery, our Picual is always a favourite for its fruity notes. A hint of green apple and a whiff of citrus lead to a climax of peppery watercress.
Our Italian Frantoio Blend, combining Frantoio and Leccino olive varieties, will be sent to the Flos Oleis Italian competition once again this year and we will await the results with anticipation. Creamy, nutty and spicy, this year’s complex blend offers mid-tones of nasturtium, mesclun, green capsicum and rocket/arugula, with a prolonged chilli finish.
This year’s harvest of our limited edition Greek variety Koroneiki has turned out to be a stunner. Light and oh so floral, this oil dances on the palate and conjures up images of ancient feasts, flower gardens and rolling meadows. Delicate, creamy and fruity, with hints of red apple and green banana, its chilli finish is something of a surprise and keeps the taste buds dancing. Because of the small quantity, it will only be available while stocks last so don’t forget to order soon!
Award Winning EVOO
The pack contains four x 100ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil – one bottle from each of our available award winning varietal blends*.
- Frantoio Blend – Won FLOS OLEI 2013 The Best 20: The Italian Guide to the World’s Best EVOO
- Waiheke Blend – Won Supreme Champion 2012: NZ Royal Easter Show
- Picual Blend – Won Gold 2013: Los Angeles Extra Virgin Olive Oil Competition
- Koroneiki – Our limited edition Greek variety
* Please note that if we run out of stock of any of the four blends, we may supplement with bottles from the next best available blend as an alternative.