Description & Awards
Tasting Notes (2021)
This year the Koroneiki has a very fruit aroma of green banana, passionfruit and hay.
The initial taste is banana, then apple, nasturtium and a lingering radish finish.
Previously we’ve described this oil as delicate, creamy and fruity, with hints of red apple and green banana, its chilli finish is something of a surprise and keeps the taste buds dancing.
Because of the small quantity, it will only be available while stocks last so don’t forget to order
Has been out of stock since 2016 – so get in quick to grab your bottle of this limited edition beauty!
- 98/100 – 2019 Koronieki in the Flos Olei – the Italian Guide to the World’s Best Extra Virgin Olive Oil – an outstanding result.
- Over 3000 oils are submitted which takes the international tasting panel over 2 months to taste and rank.
- Numerous other awards including
- Gold 2011 – NZ awards Gourmet Oil Awards.
- Over the last 5 years Rangihoua has been awarded 13 Golds and 5 Best In Class for its EVOOs and we are anticipating 2020 to be as successful.